This is what your assignment looks like
As Business Controller, you are responsible for supporting the strong growth strategy of Basic-Fit. You’ll provide valuable insights and function as a strong sparring partner to support business stakeholders in various projects.
In this role, you are responsible for business partnership with our property team, who are responsible for building >100 clubs per year. Furthermore, you’ll be part of several projects focusing on development of our digital structure and fitness applications. This means you’ll be working together closely with colleagues from IT, Marketing, HR and other departments.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Prepare and attend Business Review Meetings between operational management and Board (CEO, CFO & COO);
- Ensure timely submission of deliverables, anticipating business issues and driving good decision-making through first class financial and commercial analysis;
- Improve the quality of the management reports/business analysis;
- Be a key player in the rolling forecast process;
- Be a liaison between the Business and the Finance department;
- Identify and address possible business process improvements;
- Contribute to various (companywide) projects and working groups.
You will be working within the Business Control team. A talented international team with quick-thinking financial professionals, generating high-quality analyses and advises while working closely with the business.
Meet your future colleagues: Niels van der Schuit, Jesse Janson, Jasper Paap en Adriaan Bos.
A curious mindset and self-motivated, enthusiastic personality. You are able to maintain good business relations, and are not afraid to share your opinion.
Furthermore, we’re asking:
- A Bachelor/Master degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Economics (HBO/WO);
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience of which 3 years in Business- or Project Control;
- Self-starter with strong team skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- Good communication skills with strong influencing abilities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good communicating skills in a second language (e.g. French, Spanish or Dutch) is a plus;
- Ability to understand and respond to business needs in a rapidly changing environment.
Basic-Fit is a young, dynamic and fast growing organization with a clear mission. We are the European market leader in the value for money fitness market and we are active in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. We think sport should be affordable and accessible to make sure everyone who wants to be fit will be able to be fit. Our goal is to professionalize and grow the next years. To make this happen we need enthusiastic, innovative and driven people. We do not select by color, we just ask you to embrace our orange color.
What to expect within Basic-Fit?
- An informal (you can wear jeans and sneakers if you want), international (many cultures and languages) and friendly environment;
- Plenty of opportunities for your own initiatives and to grow;
- Unlimited access to the online training courses of GoodHabitz;
- Participation in pension scheme;
- Travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance;
- Within walking distance of Hoofddorp train station and free parking at our headquarters;
- And a beautiful gym (fitness equipment, spinning bikes, virtual group lessons) at our headquarters which you can use anytime.
Corona information: Currently all headquarters employees work remote, we follow the guidelines of the RIVM.
Apply for this job
Until 15 June you are able to apply via the button. Afterwards, we will make the selection and inform you as soon as possible. The process consists currently of two video interviews.
Before applying, please make sure you are eligible to work in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, we do not sponsor new work visa or permits for this position. If you already have a sponsorship, it’s possible to transfer this to Basic-Fit.
Do you still have a question? Please contact Karen, our Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com.
Please note that during June and July, we'll be transitioning to a new recruitment system. This means the process might take longer than usual. Have any questions, or do you want to check the status of your application? Please contact me at the email adress above.
For all recruitment agencies: recruitment is done by our Corporate Recruiter herself, this means there is no help needed. If I do need a bit of help, I have some great agencies I work with. Thank you!