This is what your assignment looks like
As a Data Engineer your role is to translate project definitions and ad-hoc requests into new and innovative solutions. As part of the small, but agile team you will plan and implement technical solutions within our cloud based platform. At the same time, you could be working on one or more data integration / migration projects.
We utilize the Microsoft development platform which includes on-premise solutions, as well as the cloud-based Azure data platform. We comprehensively use a combination of Microsoft on-premise and Azure products, which include: Kubernetes, DevOps, Data Factory, Logic Apps, SQL Server, Replication, Datalake, Analysis Services, Integration Services, PowerBI, Python and Java.
Activities will be executed within the Business Control & Analytics team. An international team with financial and data professionals, generating high-quality reports/analyses while working closely with the business. The Business Control & Analytics team aims to provide insights to support the business to take action that add value. You will be responsible to ensure that the foundations of these functions are updated, maintain and improved.
- Develop and implement new solutions, maintain and improve existing solutions on the enterprise data warehouse and Datalake;
- Develop conceptual and logical data models;
- Plan technical solutions and deploy the data architecture using cloud based technologies;
- Contribute to the data warehouse architecture roadmap and document standards and procedures;
- Identify, address and initiate data quality improvement initiatives;
- Support system implementations to ensure enhancements of reporting processes;
- Develop solutions to extract data from distributed APIs and import data through the ETL process;
- Ensure data work streams (Request > Development > Test > Acceptance > Production) are managed following industry best practices;
- Contribute to various (companywide) projects and working groups, key player in data driven projects;
- Contribute to the ever growing and expanding CI/CD process to deploy developed code through the development lifecycle;
- Design and implement indexes considering the complex and diverse workloads;
- Monitor and respond to High Availability Replication and Job scheduler events / incidents;
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents from SSIS, SSRS and SQL Server including infrastructure related.
- Creating innovative and creative solutions to integrate data from disparate systems.
- Make Data available, execute pipelines and scale sets for the DataScience team to run models and generate insights.
A self-starter with strong team and problem solving skills. You are a skilled communicator and you have the ability to oversee projects and steer them in the right direction.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with ETL, T-SQL, Reporting and OLAP environments in Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Azure (SSIS, SSRS, Data Factory, Datalake, DWH, Analysis Server, SQL Server);
- Previous experience with Azure DevOps and CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience with the Scrum / Agile methodology;
- Microsoft certified (MCSA Data Engineering and/or MCSA BI Developer and/or MCSE Data management and analytics);
- Preferable experience with Kubernetes and programming using Python;
- Interest in keep developing in the newest technologies;
- Analytical skills with capacity to digest complex information, see trends and insights through data and translate this into concrete actions;
- You communication skills in English are excellent because the team communicates in English, Dutch is nice to have.
Basic-Fit is a young, dynamic and fast growing organization with a clear mission. We are the European market leader in the value for money fitness market and we are active in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. We think sport should be affordable and accessible to make sure everyone who wants to be fit will be able to be fit. Our goal is to professionalize and grow the next years. To make this happen we need enthusiastic, innovative and driven people. We do not select by color, we just ask you to embrace our orange color.
What to expect within Basic-Fit?
- An informal (you can wear jeans and sneakers if you want), international (many cultures and languages) and friendly environment;
- Plenty of opportunities for your own initiatives and to grow;
- Unlimited access to the online training courses of GoodHabitz;
- Participation in pension scheme;
- Travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance;
- Within walking distance of Hoofddorp train station and free parking at our headquarters;
- And a beautiful gym (fitness equipment, spinning bikes, virtual group lessons) at our headquarters which you can use anytime.
Corona information: Currently all headquarters employees work remote, we follow the guidelines of the RIVM.
Apply for this job
Until April 30th you are able to apply via the button. (the vacancy will be taken offline when the interest is high) Afterwards we make the selection and we inform you as soon as possible. The process consists currently of two video interviews.
Before applying, please make sure you are eligible to work in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, we do not sponsor new work visa or permits for this position. If you already have a sponsorship, it’s possible to transfer this to Basic-Fit.
Do you still have a question? Please contact Willemijn de Moor, Corporate Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all recruitment agencies: recruitment is done by our Corporate Recruiter herself, this means there is no help needed. If I do need a bit of help, I have some great agencies I work with. Thank you!