This is what your assignment looks like
As Financial Controller, you’ll focus on constantly improving the process and quality of the actual monthly figures. In this role, you’ll be responsible for maintaining, processing and reporting all general ledger transactions that take place in your region (Belgium-Luxembourg). Together with the Assistant Financial Control for your entity, you’ll ensure that all business transactions have been properly and timely recorded, the ledgers are complete and accurate and that all transactions are valid. Furthermore, your tasks include month-end reporting, the preparation of statutory reporting and to support external audits.
- Prepare and ensure accurate and timely recording of journal entries, accruals, prepayments and fixed assets entries across multiple (international) entities;
- Creating and reviewing reconciliations and lead schedules for all balances included in the balance sheet and relevant P&L accounts;
- Develop and implement process improvements, document desktop procedures and processes to achieve efficiencies;
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions.
- Prepare reporting to the relevant authorities and support external audit requirements;
- Further development of the Internal Control Framework;
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned;
- Team-up with the Reporting & Tax, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Business Control colleagues.
At Basic-Fit, the Financial Control team (10fte) is a talented, international team consisting of quick-thinking financial professionals, generating high-quality reports while working together closely with the business.
A enthusiastic new colleague with a curious and detail-oriented mindset. You’re a problem solver and like to analyze. Time-management comes naturally to you, and you’d love to work in a dynamic, positive environment to develop your own skills and interests.
Furthermore, we’re asking for:
- A Bachelor/Master degree in Finance (HBO/WO);
- Minimum of 3 years working experience, preferably in a corporate environment;
- Excellent MS Excel skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Good communicating skills in a second language (e.g. French, Dutch or Spanish) is a big plus;
- Experience with IFRS and SAP (S4/HANA) is preferred;
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout our organization.
Basic-Fit is a young, dynamic and fast growing organization with a clear mission. We are the European market leader in the value for money fitness market and we are active in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. We think sport should be affordable and accessible to make sure everyone who wants to be fit will be able to be fit. Our goal is to professionalize and grow the next years. To make this happen we need enthusiastic, innovative and driven people. We do not select by color, we just ask you to embrace our orange color.
What to expect within Basic-Fit?
- An informal (you can wear jeans and sneakers if you want), international (many cultures and languages) and friendly environment;
- Plenty of opportunities for your own initiatives and to grow;
- Unlimited access to the online training courses of GoodHabitz;
- Participation in pension scheme;
- Travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance;
- Within walking distance of Hoofddorp train station and free parking at our headquarters;
- And a beautiful gym (fitness equipment, spinning bikes, virtual group lessons) at our headquarters which you can use anytime.
Corona information: Currently all headquarters employees work remote, we follow the guidelines of the RIVM.
Apply for this job
Until April 30th you are able to apply via the button. Afterwards we make the selection and we inform you as soon as possible. The process consists currently of two video interviews.
Before applying, please make sure you are eligible to work in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, we do not sponsor new work visa or permits for this position. If you already have a sponsorship, it’s possible to transfer this to Basic-Fit.
Do you still have a question? Please contact Karen de Geus, Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com.
For all recruitment agencies: recruitment is done by our Corporate Recruiter herself, this means there is no help needed. If I do need a bit of help, I have some great agencies I work with. Thank you!