This is what your assignment looks like
As a Data Engineer your role is to translate project definitions and ad-hoc requests into new and innovative solutions. As part of the small, but agile team you will plan and implement technical solutions within our cloud based platform. The development process is implemented through the scrum / agile iterative approach using the Request > Development > Test > Acceptance > Production framework.
We utilize the Microsoft development platform which includes on-premise solutions, as well as the cloud-based Azure data platform. We comprehensively use a combination of Microsoft on-premise and Azure products, which include: DevOps, Data Factory, Logic Apps, SQL Server, Replication, Datalake, Analysis Services, Integration Services and PowerBI.
Activities will be executed within the Business Control & Analytics team. A talented international team with quick-thinking financial and data professionals, generating high-quality reports/analyses while working closely with the business.
The Business Control & Analytics team aims to provide insights to support the business to take action that add value. You will be responsible to ensure that the foundations of these functions are updated, maintain and improved.
- Develop and implement new solutions, maintain and improve existing solutions on the enterprise data warehouse and Datalake;
- Develop conceptual and logical data models;
- Plan technical solutions and deploy the data architecture using cloud based technologies;
- Contribute to the data warehouse architecture roadmap and document standards and procedures;
- Identify, address and initiate data quality improvement initiatives;
- Support system implementations to ensure enhancements of reporting processes;
- Develop solutions to extract data from distributed APIs and import data through the ETL process;
- Ensure data work streams (Request > Development > Test > Acceptance > Production) are managed following industry best practices;
- Contribute to various (companywide) projects and working groups, key player in data driven projects;
- Contribute to the ever growing and expanding CI/CD process to deploy developed code through the development lifecycle;
- Design and implement indexes considering the complex and diverse workloads;
- Monitor and respond to High Availability Replication and Job scheduler events / incidents;
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents from SSIS, SSRS and SQL Server including infrastructure related.
A self-starter with strong team and problem solving skills. You are a skilled communicator and you have the ability to oversee projects and steer them in the right direction.
- A Bachelor/Master degree in ICT;
- 3+ years relevant experience in a corporate or consultancy environment;
- Analytical skills with capacity to digest complex information, see trends and insights through data and translate this into concrete actions;
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with ETL, T-SQL, Reporting and OLAP environments in Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Azure (SSIS, SSRS, Data Factory, Datalake, DWH, Analysis Server, SQL Server);
- Experience with the Scrum / Agile methodology;
- Microsoft certified (MCSA Data Engineering and/or MCSA BI Developer and/or MCSE Data management and analytics);
- Interest in keep developing in the newest technologies.
Basic-Fit is a young, dynamic and fast growing organization with a clear mission and we are the biggest Fitness organization in the Netherlands. We also have clubs in Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. We think sport should be affordable and accessible to make sure everyone who wants to be fit will be able to be fit. Our goal is to professionalize and grow the next years. To make this happen we need enthusiastic and driven people and therefore we invite everyone to apply.
What to expect within Basic-Fit?
- A nice, informal and international environment;
- Plenty of opportunities for your own initiatives and to grow;
- Within walking distance of Hoofddorp train station and free parking at our headquarters;
- And a beautiful gym at our headquarters which you can use anytime.
Apply for this job
Until February 29th you are able to apply via the button. Afterwards we make the selection and we inform you as soon as possible. The process consists of two interviews at our headquarters.
Do you still have a question? Please contact Willemijn de Moor, Corporate Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org. (we do not appreciate acquisition)