This is what your assignment looks like
As Front-end Developer at Basic-Fit, you will build digital solutions that give Basic-Fit’s members access to all our online services. You will not only improve and further develop existing solution, but also be responsible for the development of new ones. Next to our fitness memberships we also offer fitness equipment and have our own nutrition line, for which brand new web shops will need to be created. By building and improving our digital channels, you will make sure all our members have a great experience when using the different digital touchpoints.
Your main focus will be on the migration of our websites to a new platform (Salesforce Commerce Cloud). For this project, you’ll be working in a brand-new Agile team, working together closely with back-end developers, designers and analysts. This team will help define the path forward for eCommerce within Basic-Fit!
Your responsibilities will be:
- To develop and maintain Basic-Fit’s consumer facing solutions;
- Working together closely with product owners to guide them to the best solutions;
- Development of Commerce Cloud templates;
- Converting designs into working websites and apps;
- Integrating analytics and translating this to business and technical performance improvements;
- Maintain a testing harness to ensure error free, stable and good performing solutions;
- Apply development best practices to guarantee secure, extensible and maintainable software;
- Help to optimize DevOps tooling and processes.
An entrepreneurial and pro-active mindset. You love to work in a dynamic, positive environment to develop your own skills and interests.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a front-end developer;
- Previously worked on a Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C project;
- Bachelor or master degree in a relevant study;
- Experience with test automation and performance analytics;
- Experience with Agile and DevOps way of working;
- Understanding of user experience best practices;
- ReactJS knowledge is a big plus!
- Excellent communication skills in English, multiple language knowledge (Dutch, Spanish and/or French) is a plus;
- Ability to understand and respond to business needs in a rapidly changing environment.
Basic-Fit is a young, dynamic and fast growing organization with a clear mission. We are the European market leader in the value for money fitness market and we are active in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. We think sport should be affordable and accessible to make sure everyone who wants to be fit will be able to be fit. Our goal is to professionalize and grow the next years. To make this happen we need enthusiastic, innovative and driven people. We do not select by color, we just ask you to embrace our orange color.
What to expect within Basic-Fit?
- An informal (you can wear jeans and sneakers if you want), international (many cultures and languages) and friendly environment;
- Plenty of opportunities for your own initiatives and to grow;
- Unlimited access to the online training courses of GoodHabitz;
- Participation in pension scheme;
- Travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance;
- Within walking distance of Hoofddorp train station and free parking at our headquarters;
- And a beautiful gym (fitness equipment, spinning bikes, virtual group lessons) at our headquarters which you can use anytime.
Due to Covid-19, currently all headquarters employees work remote, we follow the guidelines of the RIVM.
Apply for this job
Apply for this job
Until 8 March you can apply via the button (Please note we will close this vacancy sooner if we receive a lot of applications). Afterwards we make the selection and we inform you as soon as possible. The process consists of two video interviews.
As most of our clubs are still closed due to Covid-19, the final offer for this position will have to wait until we know when we will re-open. Nevertheless, we would like to make the selection and meet the candidates as soon as possible, so I look forward to receive your application already!
Before applying, please make sure you are eligible to work in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, we do not sponsor new work visa or permits for this position. If you already have a sponsorship, it’s possible to transfer this to Basic-Fit.
Do you want to know more? Please contact Karen, our Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com
For all recruitment agencies: recruitment is done by our Corporate Recruiter herself, this means there is no help needed. If I do need a bit of help, I have some great agencies I work with. Thank you!